LOGAN Hope School

Organization Description: 

LOGAN Hope School is a street school, a school serving an inner-city community with high-risk populations and high-need students. We are an intentionally small Christian school for neighborhood children from low income families. We have small class sizes to achieve high educational levels and develop student character. The school currently has 79 children in mixed-grade classes from K through 8th grade. Tuition provides less than 5% of funds for school operation; the remaining 95% is raised through donations and tax-credit based scholarships.

LOGAN Hope also has an after-school program and a summer day camp.

4934 N 13th ST
Philadelphia, PA 19141
Mission Statement: 

LOGAN Hope, where LOGAN is both the neighborhood in Philadelphia and stands for Loving Our God And Neighbor. LOGAN Hope is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit serving the Logan neighborhood's most vulnerable population. LOGAN Hope aims to transform families and the neighborhood of Logan through the love of Jesus Christ shared in every way possible. Cambodian refugees and their families are the primary focus of LOGAN Hope. We serve children and families of any race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin.

Organizational Statement of Faith: 

NAE statement of faith (see below) and Lausanne Covenant
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Do You Require Formal Orientation Training for Volunteers?: 
Do you have a listing of your volunteer opportunities on your organization’s website?: 
Are more than one-third of the participants in your organization/programs low income (below 150% of the poverty level)?: 
City Vision Site Interest: 
International Volunteers: 
Denominational Affiliation: 
City/Metropolitan Area: 
Volunteer Information: 
Organization Membership Type: